Terms & Conditions
Where the context admits: “DJ Backup”, “We”, “Our” & “Us” includes DJ Backup of: 71-75 Shelton Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2H 9JQ, United Kingdom. DJ Backup is an online storage service that allows Members to store files online, access them remotely, share them with other DJ Backup Users and publish them on the Internet.
The services offered by DJ Backup include the www.djbackup.com website and other websites operated by DJ Backup (the “DJ Backup Websites”), the DJ Backup software applications and any other features, content, or applications offered from time to time by DJ Backup in connection with the DJ Backup Websites (collectively, the ” DJ Backup Services”).
DJ Backup may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by DJ Backup on the DJ Backup Websites. DJ Backup will inform Members by email about such modifications. If you do not agree with such modification you have the right to terminate your membership with DJ Backup. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the DJ Backup Services after the modification has been posted for at least one month. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
Use Of The DJ Backup Services
Use of and Membership in the DJ Backup Services is void where prohibited.
By using the DJ Backup Services, you represent and warrant that:
- all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate;
- you will maintain the accuracy of such information;
- you are 13 years of age or older;
- your use of the DJ Backup Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation;
When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify DJ Backup immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
You will create, maintain and use only one Member account and password on the DJ Backup Websites for your use. You will not create multiple Member accounts and passwords for your use on the DJ Backup Websites.
You will not use the DJ Backup services in any manner which infringes any law or regulation or which infringes the rights of any third party, nor will you authorise or permit any other person to do so.
Without limiting the foregoing, you will not use the DJ Backup services for any of the following activities:
- criminal or tortuous activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, sending of
- viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the DJ Backup Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the DJ Backup Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or copy files;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the DJ Backup Services or the networks or services connected to the DJ Backup Services;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your Membership;
- using any information obtained from the DJ Backup Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- using the DJ Backup Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations;
We shall use our reasonable endeavours to make available to you at all times the DJ Backup Services but we shall not, in any event, be liable for interruptions to or unavailability of the DJ Backup Services.
DJ Backup reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the DJ Backup Services at any time, with or without prior notice.
DJ Backup does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, “Content”) that you upload to the DJ Backup Services.
You represent and warrant that your uploading any Content to the DJ Backup Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, intellectual property rights (including copyrights), contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content uploaded by you to the DJ Backup Services.
Without limiting the foregoing, you will not upload any Content to the DJ Backup Services which:
- is patently offensive or promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorised copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming,” or “spamming”;
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without Our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have uploaded without that person’s consent;
By using the facilities of the DJ Backup Services to make Content available to other Users (“Shared Content”):
you represent and warrant that you own the Shared Content or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section;
DJ Backup may delete from the DJ Backup Services any Content that in the sole judgment of DJ Backup violates this Agreement or which We deem inappropriate.
DJ Backup assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, loss, deletion, defect, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of any Content you upload to the DJ Backup Services.
You are solely responsible for the Content that you upload to the DJ Backup Services, and any material or information that you transmit to other Members and for your interactions with other Users. DJ Backup does not endorse and has no control over the Content. Content is not necessarily reviewed by DJ Backup and does not necessarily reflect the opinions or policies of DJ Backup. DJ Backup makes no warranties, express or implied, as to the Content or to the accuracy and reliability of the Content or any material or information that you transmit to other Members.
DJ Backup assumes no responsibility for monitoring the DJ Backup Services for inappropriate Content or conduct. If at any time DJ Backup chooses, in its sole discretion, to monitor the DJ Backup Services, DJ Backup nonetheless assumes no responsibility for the Content, no obligation to modify or remove any inappropriate Content, and no responsibility for the conduct of the User uploading any such Content.
The DJ Backup Services contain Content of DJ Backup (“DJ Backup Content”). DJ Backup Content is protected by copyright, trade secret and other laws, and DJ Backup owns and retains all rights in the DJ Backup Content and the DJ Backup Services. DJ Backup hereby grants you a limited, revocable, non-sub-licensable license to reproduce and display the DJ Backup Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the DJ Backup Website and using the DJ Backup Services.
You may not share, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of DJ Backup to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of prompt notification to DJ Backup by the copyright owner or the copyright owner’s legal agent.
Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the DJ Backup Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide Us with the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorised to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the DJ Backup Services;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorised to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
All charges payable by you for the DJ Backup Services shall be in accordance with the scale of charges and rates published from time to time by Us on Our web site, errors and omissions excepted and shall be due and payable in advance of provision of the DJ Backup Services.
We reserve the right to alter pricing including ceasing to offer elements of the DJ Backup Services free of charge at any time. DJ Backup will inform Members by email if the charge for a service is to be altered. You can then decide if you want to continue to use such service. Your continued use of the service after the proposed fee modification has been notified will be considered acceptance of the proposed fee modification.
Payment is due each year following the date the DJ Backup Services were established until closure notice is given.
All fees for our services are due in advance and your contract will automatically renew on its anniversary month, quarter or year at which point fees for the following month, quarter or year become payable. If you wish to cancel your contract with DJ Backup, you must do so in accordance with clauses 5.1 – 5.4 before the renewal of your contract.
If your Membership is terminated in accordance with 5.4, you will be entitled to a pro rata refund based upon the remaining period of prepayment. You will not be entitled to a refund under any other circumstances. Any refund will be issue to the same payment source used for the initial payment.
Term and Termination
This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the DJ Backup Services or are a Member. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect.
You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason by contacting our support department.
DJ Backup may suspend the provision of DJ Backup Services to you and/or terminate your Membership without notice to you if you:
- fail to pay any sums due to Us as they fall due.
- breach any term of this Agreement.
- are a company and you go into liquidation or suffer the appointment of an administrator or administrative receiver or enter into a voluntary arrangement with your creditors.
- DJ Backup reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend the provision of DJ Backup Services to you and/or terminate your Membership at any time, without warning.
Promotions & Vouchers
Promotional registrations are governed by the specific terms of the issued voucher code.
DJ Backup reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withdraw any promotional benefits at any time.
In the event that promotional accounts become chargeable, DJ Backup will notify affected members by email with as much notice as is possible.
You shall indemnify Us and keep Us indemnified and hold Us harmless from and against any breach by you of this Agreement and any claim brought against Us by a third party resulting from the provision of the DJ Backup Services by Us to you and your use of the DJ Backup Services including, without limitation, all claims, actions, proceedings, losses, liabilities, damages, costs, expenses (including reasonable legal costs and expenses), howsoever suffered or incurred by Us in consequences of your breach or non-observance of any of the terms of this Agreement including if any Content that you post on the DJ Backup Websites or through the DJ Backup Services causes DJ Backup to be liable to another.
Limitation of Liability
1. DJ Backup will not be responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate Content uploaded to the DJ Backup Websites or in connection with the DJ Backup Services, whether caused by Users of the DJ Backup Services or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in the DJ Backup Services.
2. DJ Backup is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or on any of the DJ Backup Services or combination thereof.
3. DJ Backup is not responsible for any error, omission, interruption, loss, deletion, defect, theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of any Content you upload to the DJ Backup Services.
4. The DJ Backup Website may contain links to other websites. DJ Backup is not responsible for the Content, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are in no way investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy or completeness by DJ Backup. Inclusion of any linked website on the DJ Backup Services does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by DJ Backup. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk. DJ Backup takes no responsibility for third party advertisements which are posted on this DJ Backup Website or through the DJ Backup Services, nor does it take any responsibility for the goods or services provided by its advertisers.
5. DJ Backup is not responsible for the conduct, whether online or offline, of any User of the DJ Backup Services.
6. All conditions, terms, representations and warranties relating to the DJ Backup Services supplied under this Agreement, whether imposed by statute or operation of law or otherwise, that are not expressly stated in these terms and conditions including, without limitation, the implied warranty of satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose are hereby excluded to the extent applicable under UK law, subject always to sub clause 8.7.
7. Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude Our liability for death or personal injury resulting from Our negligence.
8. Our total aggregate liability to you for any claim in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise arising out of or in connection with the provision of the DJ Backup Services shall be limited to the charges paid by you in respect of the services which are the subject of any such claim.
9. In any event no claim shall be brought unless you have notified Us of the claim within one month of it arising.
10. In no event shall We be liable to you for any loss of business, contracts, profits or anticipated savings or for any other indirect or consequential or economic loss whatsoever.
Any forbearance or failure by Us to enforce a provision to which you are subject shall not affect Our right to require such performance at any subsequent time, nor shall the waiver or forbearance by Us of any breach of any provisions of the agreement herein be taken to be or held to be a waiver of the provision or provisions itself of themselves.
This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Headings are included in this Agreement for convenience only and shall not affect the construction or interpretation of this Agreement.
These terms and conditions together with any documents expressly referred to in them, contain the entire Agreement between Us relating to the subject matter covered and supersede any previous Agreements, arrangements, undertakings or proposals, written or oral: between Us in relation to such matters. No oral explanation or oral information given by any party shall alter the interpretation of these terms and conditions. In agreeing to this Agreement, you confirm that you have not relied on any representation other than those expressly stated in this Agreement and you agree that you shall have no remedy in respect of any misrepresentation which has not been made expressly in this Agreement.
Date Last Modified